At Trailing Throttle, we use the “Privacy by Design” approach. This means that we think of privacy implication before building a new feature, we don’t ask for information we don’t need, and we protect the information we have. We take pride in treating our users’ privacy the way we’d like to be treated by a website like Trailing Throttle, as individuals.
We collect anonymous data from every visitor of the Website to monitor traffic and fix bugs. For example, we collect information like web requests, the data sent in response to such requests, the Internet Protocol address, the browser type, the browser language, and a timestamp for the request.
Minors and children should not use Trailing Throttle. By using the Website, you represent that you have the legal capacity to enter into a binding agreement.
Use of the Data
We only use your personal information to provide you the Trailing Throttle services or to communicate with you about the services or the Website.
With respect to any documents you may choose to upload to Trailing Throttle, we take the privacy and confidentiality of such documents seriously. We encrypt all documents, and permanently delete any redacted edits you make to documents. If you choose to make a document public, we recommend you redact any and all references to people and addresses, as we can’t protect public data and we are not responsible for any violation of privacy law you may be liable for.
We employ industry standard techniques to protect against unauthorized access of data about you that we store, including personal information.
We do not share personal information you have provided to us without your consent, unless:
- doing so is appropriate to carry out your own request;
- we believe it’s needed to enforce our Terms of Service, or that is legally required;
- we believe it’s needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
- otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
Trailing Throttle may contact you, by email or other means. For example, Trailing Throttle may send you promotional emails relating to Trailing Throttle or other third parties Trailing Throttle feels you would be interested in, or communicate with you about your use of the Trailing Throttle website. Trailing Throttle may also use technology to alert us via a confirmation email when you open an email from us. You can modify your email notification preferences by clicking the appropriate link included in the footer of email notifications. If you do not want to receive email from Trailing Throttle, please opt out of receiving emails at the bottom of any Trailing Throttle emails or by editing your profile preferences.
Sharing of Data
- We don’t share your personal information with third parties. Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Trailing Throttle Website and service. We currently use Google Analytics (traffic analysis, SEO optimization), Mailchimp (mailing list management), and DISQUS (commenting). We listed below what data these third parties extract. Feel free to check out their own Privacy Policies to find out more.
- Google Analytics: anonymous (ad serving domains, browser type, demographics, language settings, page views, time/date), pseudonymous (IP address)
- Mailchimp: name and email of our beta subscription list
- DISQUS: Non-personally Identifiable Information
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share personal information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Cookies and advertising
- Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
The DoubleClick cookie
The DoubleClick cookie is used by Google in the ads served on the websites of its partners, such as websites displaying AdSense ads or participating in Google certified ad networks. When users visit a partner’s website and either view or click on an ad, a cookie may be dropped on that end user’s browser.
We also use social buttons provided by services like Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Facebook. Your use of these third party services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those third party services’ privacy policies.
Should you have any question or concern, please write to us through the form at: